Repurposed windows- how to seal them?

Want to keep weathered look on old windows to be repurposed. But I probably should seal it somehow?

• Tape-off the glass and use a spray sealer on them.

• Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Dec 24, 2017
    You can simply clean them up with something mild, without a lot of scrubbing that may change the way they look. Use a clear top coat of poly, or whatever you feel would be best. You can get most in matte to as glossy as you want. If you use something that stays clear, it should stay with the same look. If you are going to use them outside I would suggest something like marine polyurethane in clear that is made for outdoors.

• See 1 previous
      Hi, Patricia. All you should have to do if you want to keep them the way you are is clean them up well, but don't do a lot of scrubbing so you don't change the look they have now. Make sure you let them dry all the way before you put any kind of top coat on. The marine poly should last you for a number of years. You will be able to find it at any home improvement store in the paint department. I would go with a few coats and make sure you get the finish you want if they have them, matte, glossy, whatever. Just make sure whatever you use is for outdoor uses. Good luck in your project, it sounds wonderful, I would love to see it when you are done! Have a great Holiday!