How can I create custom curtains or blinds?

+2
I have 9 windows, all of different sizes, that need some sort of covering (curtains, blinds, shades) but I cannot afford to pay the custom price ($100/pc) Any ideas on how I can hang up some simple curtains using store bought fabric, hooks, and dowelrods, without it looking too thrown together?

• Grace Grace on Dec 24, 2017
    use rods, hooks and curtains in a budget you can afford and hand them at the same height.

• 62q10370829 62q10370829 on Dec 24, 2017
    Make your own rods & if windows in one room are different size hang rod the same height from ceiling & hang curtains to floor. You can make rods out of electric pipe or pcv pipe. You can paint them. You can use twin or full flat sheets for curtains. Good luck.

• Bijous Bijous on Dec 24, 2017
    You have two options when making your own treatments: treatments that complement the walls and their surroundings or treatments that make a statement all their own. Whichever direction you choose with thought and preparation they will not look thrown together if you make them all the same length. Good luck.

• Cindy Cindy on Dec 24, 2017
    Wow.. thats not ezy...i made cornice boards for the tops of mine.. fun.
    But ya really can't make them

• Joy30150932 Joy30150932 on Dec 24, 2017
    If you can sew, you could make rod pocket curtains. Easy to make and as wide or full as you want. Measure your window and then at least double the width of the fabric required. Make as many panels as your need to make sure you have the fullness so the curtains do not look skimpy. Do a one inch side seam, at least two-three inches on the bottom to give it some weight and then design the top pocket by folding the fabric over to the inside at least three inches. Sew together hiding the edge inside the pocket. Then sew another line about 1-11/2 inches from the top. You now have the rod pocket. Buy nice rods all the same style.