Window Coverings for Odd Window?

+3
I have windows that are 20" wide by 4 or 5 ' high any suggestions on window coverings? I was thinking maybe table runners but I can't find any that are sheer enough.
  • Annnette Bradley Annnette Bradley on Jun 21, 2017
    Hi Gayle. I lived in an old house that had really tall windows. I used twin size sheets to make curtains with. If you were to buy curtains or blinds they are expensive.

• Just Retired Just Retired on Jun 21, 2017
    I would go to your local material store like Joann's Fabrics and purchase how many yards you need simply cut width you want sew a pocket an top for ros any hem bottom all on your sewing machine. Making them yourself is the most reasonable versus buying something

• Pamelalounsbery Pamelalounsbery on Jun 21, 2017
    Lace tablecloths cut to fit

• Julie Fillner Julie Fillner on Jun 21, 2017
    Depending on the decor of the room, try to find decorative placemats or napkins and toss them over the rod of the window.

• Elizabeth Dion Elizabeth Dion on Jun 21, 2017
    I would make a cornstarch and water mix and 'glue' some lace to the windows. It peels off easily if you no longer want it.

• Dianacirce70 Dianacirce70 on Jun 21, 2017
    I got Roman shades pretty cheap on ebay. Our house is 112 years old with some odd windows.