How do I clean a very old, solid brass lamp that is absolutely filthy?

+40
There are so many different opinions on the net! I wondered if any of our trusted talkers have done this and with what result? The lamp is actually a standing chandelier and is very intricate. Also, does anyone have an idea of value? Of course this is one of my CL finds.
q how do i clean a very old solid brass lamp that is absolutely filthy, cleaning tips, lighting, Odd it stands only 48 high The wiring is old I think this is from the late 40 s early 50 s
Odd, it stands only 48" high. The wiring is old. I think this is from the late 40's early 50's
q how do i clean a very old solid brass lamp that is absolutely filthy, cleaning tips, lighting, The base is marble There are no markings on the bottom
The base is marble. There are no markings on the bottom.
q how do i clean a very old solid brass lamp that is absolutely filthy, cleaning tips, lighting, This is one of the arms There are glass teardrops I took off to clean
This is one of the arms. There are glass teardrops I took off to clean.