How can I decorate these bucket planters?

MikejillnelsonSandraBluemyrtle45
+12

I have 5 buckets with herbs & tomatoes growing in them but I hate the orange & the Home Depot logo, I tried wrapping them in burlap, it looked good for about a month, then got all stained....
Tomato plant growing in SIP, self watering buckets from Home Depot.
  • Carol
    Carol

Buy a spray can of paint that works on plastic

• Pat
    Pat

I'm also using Home Depot buckets for tomatoes. I'm leaving the handles on the buckets in case I need to move them to follow the sun. My plan is to paint the buckets before planting using "oops" paint from Home Depot.

• Sandy Hartnett
    Sandy Hartnett

Just spray paint and decal. To make it attractive. Seal with clear spray. Glue fake flowers on...they last several seasons! Hugs

• Lindalovie55
    Lindalovie55

Laminate small pictures of ladybirds then cut to shape then glue on pots

Janet Pizaro

Agreed just spray paint them.

• Cathy
    Cathy

You could also use the spray stone paint on them to give them a texture. Just make sure it adheres to plastic or spray them with a coat of plastic primer paint first.

• Barbara
    Barbara

A Pinner on Pinterest (can't find the post) wrapped buckets with rope and gorilla glue for a more rustic look if that appeals to you. I'm pretty sure they wrapped the handles too but since I can't find the post I'm not sure.

• Karen W
    Karen W

Have you considered trying some thin set mortar on the buckets and placing small stones in the mortar all over to make them look like a round cottage? You could even put a small fairy door and/or mock window inserted in the stone to make it look more like a "house."

• Jane Perry Johnson
    Jane Perry Johnson

I spray painted my buckets in beachy colors, then wrapped them in a natural rope (to look nautical) and then glued on larger shells and starfish over the rope. I use them to put towels in for near the pool.

• MN Mom
    MN Mom

Spray paint them with Krylon Fusion paint and then hand stencil a pattern or the name of the plant that is in each bucket.

• Jane Perry Johnson
    Jane Perry Johnson

See photo below.

, Here is a small one my sister in law did for goggles and pool toys for the grandkids I
  • Merri Jo Ounan
    Merri Jo Ounan

I grow tomatoes the same way, but made sure to buy the white, food-safe buckets. Mine have lasted through 4 seasons and still look new.

• Bluemyrtle45
    Bluemyrtle45

I liked the post a couple weeks ago where they used wood pieces placed vertically then pieces around the top. End result is a bucket that looks like a wooden planter.

• Sandra
    Sandra

You could wrap burlap around it and tie it with brown twin. Imthinkmthat would look nice. And now burlap,comes in colors, if you would like colors. I think I would simply likemthemregular old burlap.

• Mikejillnelson
    Mikejillnelson

I would agree that burlap or a similar fabric would be the easiest and cheapest idea. Painting after you've planted will be a pain...If you do paint, make sure you use an outdoor paint!