Why is my cement crumbling in my hand?

+11
Can someone help me out? Why did my cement crumble? Is it too hot to pour cement? Do you have to keep wet? Was it too wet in beginning? Was it not thick enough? Martha didn't mention this....On the positive side The concept will work & be beautiful if I can keep it in one piece. It's suppose to be a giant leaf bird bath. Also does anyone know a rule of thumb for mixing smaller quantities of cement? The bag only tells you for the whole bag. I also did this as soon as the sun came up so was still cool outside well in this heat cooler.
q why is my cement crumbling in my hand, concrete masonry, outdoor living, Excuse my very professional tools Here s how they started out
Excuse my very professional tools. Here's how they started out.
q why is my cement crumbling in my hand, concrete masonry, outdoor living, The small one crumbled The large one broke Was it too dry of a mixture or too hot outside
The small one crumbled. The large one broke. Was it too dry of a mixture or too hot outside?
q why is my cement crumbling in my hand, concrete masonry, outdoor living, The concept was beautiful I ll def be trying again but I want to get it right next time
The concept was beautiful & I'll def. be trying again, but I want to get it right next time.
q why is my cement crumbling in my hand, concrete masonry, outdoor living