Marianne
Marianne
  • Delray Beach, FL

Ideas on what to do with the plastic containers that crystal light

ARLENE KINGSia@South 47thNina Draper
+11

comes in
  • Valerie

Is there a possibility of a photograph?

• Kimberly Barney

The labels are really easy to remove making them a clear plastic container for many storage uses. I have started using them to store small craft items (i.e. plastic eyes, foam letters, misc. ribbon strands). I have seen them used to store spices, sugar packets, etc. If I recall, they are also tall enough to store the cheese sticks in, too.

• Linda Stone

I use empty Nescafe coffee containers instead, but you could use the same way...I store packets of soy sauce, taco sauce, etc. leftover from take-out; store chocolate chips, plastic spoons/forks. Use in craftroom to store pencils, pens, embellishments for card-making. Fold up some napkins or paper towels and keep in car, along with wet wipes. The sky is the limit. Have fun!

• Marilyn Miller

I store all the little craft things, also small sea shells and small glass 'stones'. We're going on a trip and I intend to use them to put some of my things like tooth paste, etc. I sorted out all the little plastic pipe fittings so it's easy at a glance to see what you have. They're great. I keep a bunch just for those times I find another idea for them.

• Bobbie B

I work with kids with disabilities. I use the containers as storage containers and holders for the students communication pieces. I put a strip of Velcro on the outside lengthwise to hold the picture and then keep extra pictures inside so they don't get lost and are always available to the kids and staff.

• KathrynElizabeth Etier

Cover with pretty paper, fabric, or paint then glue a few (or more) together in a bunched arrangement and you have a desk organizer. Or workspace organizer or picnic server for plastic citlery and straws.

• KathrynElizabeth Etier

That should be "plastic flatware." I hate my phone.

• Sia@South 47th

Everyone has given such great answers! I'll just throw in this one: You can turn it into a "Planter" for your kitchen windowsill (providing it receives enough light). Group a few in odd numbers and viola' instant mini garden!

• Linda

You can use them in the sewing room to put bobbins, pins, buttons,and needles in them you can see them easer. If you want you can label them.

• Heather

I was cleaning out the pantry and found a bunch of the crystal light containers with only 1 in it....didn't want to throw them away until I found a place for them---they are perfect to hold my daughter's tiny Polly Pocket pieces and clothes.

• Marilyn Miller

I have one with several kinds of buttons. Makes it so easy to find them when you need a button. Also good for embroidery thread. The list is endless.

• Nina Draper

I use them for holding crochet hooks, colored pencils, Christmas tags, make up overflow (chapstick, lipgloss, makeup brushes, etc.). I'm talking about the tall box-like containers with individual packets inside. The round ones are very handy too! The sky is the limit!

• Sia@South 47th

You know the packets that the 'Crystal Light' comes in? I've used them for starting seeds. Just a thought! xo

• ARLENE KING

I don't see one reply that responds to the PLASTIC Crystal Light Liquid Drink Mix containers (48 ml size)