Linda Meyer
Linda Meyer
  • Savannah, GA

Can I reuse a hose end sprayer that I bought that had hose wash in it?

Tina HustedCapecodmommaJan Hurta
+10

I have just finished up a bottle of house wash that came in one of those bottles that you screw on your hose. It had a spray end that you can turn to either rinse or to clean. Has any one reused something like this and made up a solution to clean your house or for anything else????
q can i reuse a hose end sprayer that i bought that had hose wash in it, repurposing upcycling
  • 360 Sod (Donna Dixson)

What chemicals did it have going through it? And what do you want to apply with it next?

• Linda Meyer

The bottle doesn't say what chemicals were in it but it was "Mold Armour E-Z House Wash" It cleaned fine but didn't really work on the mold/mildew we get on the houses here in Savannah. Wondered if i could put bleach , JoMax , soap solution to clean house of Porch floors- If so what solution mix would be good. Here is a picture of the bottle.

• 360 Sod (Donna Dixson)

Seems like if you triple rinse it then you should be ok. Just don't wan't to mix two chemicals that might create a poison that can damage you from the fumes!

• Linda Meyer

Wish I could figure out how much water mixes with the solution in the bottle. I may just try 1 cup of bleach with a few drops of liquid soap and see how far it goes. Thanks for your response. Would love to hear from others that have reused one.

• Martha Clyde

Try TSP, it will do better than liquid soap and will not foam as much.

• Babby Blair

Martha clyde is right. TSP works great on houses and decks. I am a carpenter and we use the powder. you can add bleach to it and it will take care of the mildew. we have reused the sprayer you were talking about on other things. as long as you rinse it with soap and water before you put something else in it you should be fine. we have never run TSP through a sprayer before. We use it in a 5 gal bucket with a brush on a handle. then you can scrub it. Also If you have flowers beside your house be sure to dampen them first and rinse them right away after you wash a portion of the house. Do not let it dry on the house or the flowers. It is a little messy but works great. also, it will run down your arm while you are working up high, and it will be slippery. just rinse off.

• Barb

What is TSP and where do you find it ? Thanks !

• KathrynElizabeth Etier

Trisodium phosphate. It's available in hardware stores. I know Lowe's carries it.

• Babby Blair

I don't know of any lumber yard that doesn't carry TSP

• Jan Hurta

I reuse bottles like this all the time. Wash it really well with a little bleach, rinse, rinse, rinse. and your good to go. I use purple power degreaser on my concrete patio, It's the only this that takes the algee off.

• Capecodmomma

I have 57 windows in my house! What were we thinking? I have always used the winded stuff but go thru a lot of bottles of it. I'd love to refill them with my own "juice". What is a good recipe? Amounts and ingredients please. It will save a ton of plastic from the trash. Thanks guys!!!!

• Capecodmomma

Jeepers! I meant to say...the Windex stuff!!!!!! Darn spell check! Thanks!

• Tina Husted

We use an empty Miracle Grow sprayer for washing the vehicles . After the car is washed we squirt a little liquid spot remover in the canister for a spot free rinse . Works great !