Patricia W
Patricia W
  • Eugene, OR
Asked on Aug 7, 2013

old mirror frame.

JoyLynnCookCynthiaKathrynElizabeth Etier
+17

I have had this old frame for a while. I thought of putting mirrors in it as it was befote, but thats not. fun! I would love some fun ideas!
q old mirror frame, diy, repurposing upcycling
  • Chris aka monkey

covered with fabric maybe a divider for a room ??

• Sia@South 47th

You could add a simple plywood or pallet back to them and paint, stencil or stain either a design or funky word art. On both sides of the folding parts, for a 'Twofer"! Or yes even a chalkboard. ;)

• Marcia Reichert

Tufted fabric in satin for a shabby chic yet elegant headboard. Leave the finish like it is.

• Z

Great idea @Marcia. I can't top that one so I'm leaving this one alone.

• Patricia W

Im leaning towards fabric headboard!! I love the ideas you ladies gave me!

• Sia@South 47th

@Patricia W Please do post a pic whenever you finish!! Can't wait to see your fab creation! xoxoxo

• Pete Sakes

Apply wood to the back, white wash, stencil "friends" on one side, "family" on the other then the word "welcome down the middle and hang on your front porch.

• Therese Ryan-Haas

Humm Like the head board idea. But I would lean more for a desk organizer myself. Cut metal sheets to fill sides, spray with chalkboard paint. Fill the center with fabric covered cork board, cross over with ribbons to hold envelopes and bills. Would look awesome over a desk. I have one and thanks for putting the idea in my head!

• Penny Hubbard

Apply wood to the back and stain. Add pictures to make a collage.

• LaNora

cut wood to fit and paint with chalkboard paint

• Jo Ann Miller

Fabric and just hang on the wall for art!

• Colleen

Make a multiple message center, chalk board, cork board, magnet board. Or, place chicken wire on back and hang jewelry.

• SUE

Love this frame!!

• BeazerBea

Attach lattace to the back, and polyuathane for out door vines

• Patricia W

I found the dressing table that the mirror frame belongs to! The same lady who had the frame at her barn sale a while back had the dressing table today, for 5 dollars!!! It needs work, but its going to be fun!

• Sherry M

I like it as it is. Maybe a little paint. But then it in the backyard and let a vine of some sort grow on it.

• Pete Sakes

It's great you found the dressing table that belongs to the frame! In that case (If you're going to use it for a makeup station) I think it would be great to have a mirror in the middle and metal backing on either side. You can buy rolls of magnet to apply to your makeup and hang on other side for easy access. I guess it depends on what you're going to use it for now that you have the table to go along with it.

• KathrynElizabeth Etier

Use as a trellis for vining plants.

• Cynthia

If you found the matching dresser redo it and enjoy as is.

• JoyLynnCook

This is beautiful! A lot of possibilities, it appears to be wide enough for a twin headboard, I would put some beautiful fabric panels in the openings and paint the frame to coordinate. I love the chalk paint and waxes so I would probably make it very feminine and shabby chic. Be sure to share your final product whatever you do with it!