Grey and white interior

+21
I have my family room painted charcoal grey with white trimming. I also have a yellow stein glass dormer window and a yellow floor lamp. I need help with the draperies. White, grey, light grey, yellow ? Please, help !! (Don't pay attention to the furniture)
q grey and white interior, home decor, home decor dilemma, window treatments, One of the walls with the stain glass There are 2 From the window you can see the thatch roof
One of the walls with the stain glass. There are 2. From the window you can see the thatch roof.
  • Deb Deb on Sep 26, 2016
    I have charcoal walls in the master, I put white wood slat blinds and silver (more like very light Grey ) linen panels. We have white trim. Love the look. Lin
  • Debi53 Debi53 on Sep 26, 2016
    Dark gray will give a monochromatic look, white will brighten the room, and patterned will be a strong focal point. Try thinking about what role you want the drapes to play. Do you want them to stand out or be in the background? Do you want to have a strongly patterned rug? Then you might want solid curtains. No rug or solid rug, you might want pattern.
  • Upstater Upstater on Sep 26, 2016
    You have a nice, sofisticated look! I think sheer or semi-sheer panels with white wooden poles/rods and white wooden brackets holding them up.
  • Jeannie Herman Jeannie Herman on Sep 26, 2016
    I plan on redoing my bedroom this fall...using grey and white. I want to put 'shiplap' on the main wall and whitewash it with the grey paint, and plan on painting all the trim white. I have a white bed covering, with a blue throw that I am going to add to the bottom of the bed. Can't wait to get started!!
    • Myriam Drachman Correa Myriam Drachman Correa on Sep 26, 2016
      Im sure that will be lovely !! I think I'll get my draperies a very light grey semi-sheer. I would love to see your finished bedroom.
  • Jeannie Herman Jeannie Herman on Sep 27, 2016
    I will try to remember to post before and after pictures. It should be an extreme difference as right now it is blue sponge stripes with white stripes!! I still love it, but need a change!
  • Cat11827168 Cat11827168 on Sep 27, 2016
    When trying to decide window treatments, I ask myself: Do I want this to be the focal point of the room? If yes, make a statement with the window by making it colorful or somehow attention getting. If no, I keep the window neutral so it won't draw attention away from my focal point.
  • I think silver would pull it all together. It should make the yellow Windows look more gold toned. Good luck.
  • Myriam Drachman Correa Myriam Drachman Correa on Sep 27, 2016
    I decided to get very light grey silvery fabric for my draperies. Everyone has been very helpful ! Thank you !!!
  • Mary Nolte Designs Mary Nolte Designs on Oct 01, 2016
    Light gray with a yellow band on the edges will loo beautiful and unify all the colors.
  • Myriam Drachman Correa Myriam Drachman Correa on Oct 02, 2016
    Thanks Mary for your great idea ! I might get the fabric and have somebody add yellow ribbons.
  • Maxine Scott Maxine Scott on Oct 12, 2016
    My walls are stone grey with white trim & I love these curtains although I wasn't sure at first but they go with it. Add in accessories in coordinating colors and it looks wonderful.
    This is a closeup of the curtains 😊
  • Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Jun 02, 2021

Hi, Add Gold Mirrors either side of the window or Bold coloured Art.

• Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Jul 21, 2021

Hi, Match the Drapes with the colour of your Stained Glass Window!

• Myriam Drachman Correa Myriam Drachman Correa on Jul 24, 2021

I was thinking either yellow or white. Finally I got the white ones.