Alternate uses of kitten cage

Sandy SmithMandy ThompsonMaryAnn B
+20

We have an unused kitten cage (photo attached) . Any ideas of how it can be used for any other purposes?
  • Johnchip
    Johnchip

I would think to donate it to the SPCA.

• Pat
    Pat

I would donate to the local Humane Society, SPCA or your local animal shelter. If they can't use it at one of those, check to see if one of them has a thrift store that will take it.

• Ada
    Ada

put some colourful planters with plants in it along with some pretty displays。 to make it prettier,you can spray paint it with white or metalic colors。 or you can add plexiglass around to make a green house。

• Claudia
    Claudia

Donate! Helping others

• Tamaraa
    Tamaraa

What about adapting to be used outside for older cats . As maybe a porch

• Carole
    Carole

Yes, I agree. Donate to an animal rescue as they are always in dire need of something nice like that.

• Sheela Belur
    Sheela Belur

Thanks for your idea, Ada!

• Lee Brown
    Lee Brown

Incorporate the cage into your holiday decorating and put your Star Shower device in it this holiday season, and lock it so devilish thieves cannot steal it from your lawn......that's if you like and use Star Shower. Just a suggestion because last season, nearly every nite on evening news there were reports of thieves running onto lawns grabbing and making off the things. I have not used them personally, but as I age, I have thought how easy they would make decorating. Had wondered if getting a bird or small pet cage would work by placing apparatus inside cage, locking cage and securing cage to something stationary, like a tree on the lawn or a pillar out front.

• Laurie Cavanaugh Bobskill
    Laurie Cavanaugh Bobskill

Donate! Do a search for no-kill shelters and there's sure to be one in your area. Xo

• Gai8303611
    Gai8303611

I would donate it, if possible. I also use things like this to put potted plants in so that deer don't eat them.

• Bernadette Staal
    Bernadette Staal

DONATE.

• Kathy Anderson Wilson
    Kathy Anderson Wilson

Please donate to a local rescue group.

• MaryAnn B
    MaryAnn B

My vet keeps one of these in his waiting room. If he has a cat that needs a good home they are on display and get attention.

• Joyce C Laundrie
    Joyce C Laundrie

Donate please.

• Inetia
    Inetia

Sell it on Craigslist, make a few bucks and let someone else repurpose it. Or you can give it away on Craigslist and not have to load and haul it yourself.

• Carole
    Carole

Well, apparently Ada is not going to donate like 95% of the answers suggested. Good luck with your greenhouse, I hope it leaks!

• Carole
    Carole

Yes Lee it was mean & I meant it! Sometimes you have to be a little mean to get a GOOD point across to someone.

• MaryAnn B
    MaryAnn B

I feel that being mean has no place on this forum. If you have nothing nice to say...don't say it. keep your fingers off the keyboard

• Mandy Thompson
    Mandy Thompson

I came here for ideas for re-purposing a kitten cage also. Found this thread through a google search....and I acquired it for an animal shelter that was throwing it out....

• Sheela Belur
      Sheela Belur

I finally used it for potted plants that need slight sun and a lot of shade and have placed it in my porch and it looks great!

• Sandy Smith
    Sandy Smith

Showcase a waterfountain n swing treats ect outside for birds plants ect