I need to unclog a clogged drain, please help!

+8
How do I unclog a bathroom drain?
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Dec 01, 2016
    Try using a snake first to remove most likely hair that is clogged.He you used any chemicals?
  • Dgreen Dgreen on Dec 02, 2016
    Most often the clog in a bathroom drain is hair. So before going to bed, pour bleach down the drain. In the morning when you turn the water on you will find a clog free drain.
  • Shiley Shiley on Dec 08, 2016
    pour !/2 bottle of liquid drano or liquid plumber into the drain pipe .Let it sit for an hour. Rinse with hot water.If the clog is in the tub remove all hair that is trapped in the stopper. I use this method every 3 month on all my drains . It prevents blockage and odors in the home. Works like a charm.
  • Jeff Richmond Jeff Richmond on Dec 08, 2016
    Try any one of these gizmos. We use the hair snake (plastic) for our sinks and tubs. Works great at removing hair clogs. the link there is to Amazon, but you can find at most any store (Walmart, Target, etc.) https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=snake+hair+drain&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=152217815259&hvpos=1t2&hvnetw=g&hvrand=7955829719516249905&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9004056&hvtargid=kwd-270757872421&ref=pd_sl_3ip7z29w5p_b
  • Jane Jane on Dec 11, 2016
    I tried this for a slow moving shower drain. 1 cup baking soda, packed into the drain. Then add 2 cups white vinegar & let foam & sit for about 30 minutes. While that is working put a good size pan on the stove to the boiling point. Carefully pour the very hot water down the drain. After it all drained out, I just ran some water down the drain.
  • Fayette Shore Fayette Shore on Dec 11, 2016
    Use Thrift or retail equivalent. Draino and Liquid Plumber are acidic and will eat cast iron (according to my plumber).
    You will not believe how this works.
  • Tova Pearl Tova Pearl on Dec 22, 2016
    If none of the recipes or the draino work, and a plunger doesn't either, you will have no choice but to use a snake. This is NOT my favorite DIY as it is pretty disgusting. But it's easy to do. Just buy the snake and move it around through the pipe.
  • Gloria Gloria on Dec 29, 2016
    I use egg shells in my sink but I am sure they will work in a bath
  • Brenda Johnson Brenda Johnson on Jan 04, 2017
    TAKE A WATER HOSE AND SPRAY IT IN THE CLOGGED SINK OR COMMODE, OR SHOWER AND IT WILL BLOW IT OUT. I HAVE DONE THIS AND IT WORKS!