My white pillowcases are yellowing...what can I do?

+12
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Feb 10, 2017
    Wash them in Hydrogen Peroxide and laundry soap
  • William William on Feb 10, 2017
    I agree! I wash all my whites with hydrogen peroxide. Bleach tends to make whites dingy and breaks down the fabric.
  • MN Mom MN Mom on Feb 10, 2017
    To add to Williams suggestion, if your weather allows you can hang the pillowcases in the sunlight which will help whiten them. Good luck!
  • Bernadette Staal Bernadette Staal on Feb 11, 2017
    Soak them in bleach.
    • Patti Nicholas Patti Nicholas on Feb 13, 2017
      Depending on the fabric, chlorine bleach will either cause the yellowing or break down the fibers and put holes in the fabric.
  • Cindy Hagemann Cindy Hagemann on Feb 11, 2017
    I love this stuff - have used it for years including on my husband's military uniforms to keep them bright white! You add it to your regular laundry detergent - no bleach.
  • Sharon Sharon on Feb 12, 2017
    I have found soaking in OxyClean works well for me - I also use it on colors to remove stains.

• Cheryl Dixon Cheryl Dixon on Feb 12, 2017
    You might try soaking in warm water with Zote. This is an old fashioned bar soap made for clothes. I grate mine up and make my own stain spray with it and add borax and laundry soda for laundry detergent for my whites. The little nubbin left when I've grated most of the bar is used for spot cleaning really set stains or things like ink.
  • Dfm Dfm on Feb 13, 2017
    have you tried an old fashioned "blueing" product? it worked quite well on my gotta be white uniforms.
  • Shawnda A. Pauig Shawnda A. Pauig on Feb 13, 2017
    I have found if I buy "cheap" dollar store bleach my whites turn dingy looking. If I get the Clorox or the good value brand from Walmar, my whites turn white again!
  • William William on Feb 14, 2017
    About 4 ounces per load!