Asked on Mar 29, 2017

What can I do? My dog keeps licking my chalkpainted cubpoards!

HomeroadCharlotteAnn
+5

My dog keeps licking the chalk painted cupboards down to original finish!
  • Shoshana
    Shoshana

Oh no! That doesn't sound good!Sometimes if a dog is licking strange things it means he's lacking some nutrient in his diet. Maybe try switching his food to something nutrient rich like Science Diet. If you know it isn't a nutrient issue then maybe he's bored. They make a product you can spray on the cabinets that tastes yucky to dogs. You can ask your local pet store about it. Good luck!!
  • Pmo16734327
    Pmo16734327

Sounds like he needs calcium maybe
  • Tell your vet to eliminate any possibility of illness. My guess is the same as others, lacking nutrients. Easily enough remedied. Then you can repair the cabinets.
  • Toni Parkins
    Toni Parkins

Put a little wasabi paste ( oriental section) on each cupboard. Dot it on.....he won't do it again I bet. ;-)
  • My dog licks the carpet and the floors when his tummy is upset. I would say it is a problem for your vet to help you sort out.
  • Ann
    Ann

I think checking with the vet sounds like good advice.
  • Charlotte
    Charlotte

Training your dog is the only long-term solution, OP.

I love my dog so much but it constantly did the things that irked me most. It would chew on things that it shouldn’t or jump up and down out of the blue. Whenever I put on the leash, it would pull on it. Whenever it was out of the house, it would continue digging on the ground - I wish I could tell what it was looking for down there. The same goes for all the nasty urine.

All the things it did left me feeling depressed as if I failed it monumentally.

But since I discovered Brain Training for Dogs and applied the system offered, it now behaves the way a beautiful dog I always expect of 🐶

• Homeroad
    Homeroad

Can you spray something on the surface that tastes bad like bitter apple? https://amzn.to/3n80FyH