Asked on Apr 19, 2017

How to remove ink from patent leather purse?

Bbunny42YofrendonnaKelly Condie Thompson
+12

My pink patent leather designer handbag has a ball point ink mark I can't remove. It also has an ink transfer on it.
    Janet Pizaro

I have had luck removing ink with Mr. Clean Magic Eraser.
  • Meg22325768
    Meg22325768

Try spray on "Tech" from Ace hardware store. Spray, scrub lightly with old toothbrush, blot, let dry. It could take many applications but Tech takes out blood, grease and all manner of stuff.
  • Suzette Holt
    Suzette Holt

Ink can be removed with rubbing alcohol . Use a cotton ball and place on the ink for a couple minutes and than rub off. May need to do more than once depending on amount Of ink.
  • Michelle Lyons
    Michelle Lyons

I read that toothpaste left on over night works on ink as well.
    • Ashley
      Ashley

thank you tried that didn't work called Dooney Burke they don't know!
  • Kelly Condie Thompson
    Kelly Condie Thompson

Try some WD-40 on it. My husband got some permanent marker off with it the other day. I was sure he was going to have to use acetone - and that would have ruined what he was working on.
  • Michelle Lyons
    Michelle Lyons

Oh darn it :(
  • Kelly Condie Thompson
    Kelly Condie Thompson

Oh, how I hope it works. Because the purse is patent leather, it should be slippery enough that it will come right off. Let me know how it works, OK? Good Luck!
  • Yofrendonna
    Yofrendonna

My first grader found a pen and it leaked all over a coat. I got every bit of it out with hairspray then washed it. Rubbing Alcohol used to work to remove ink from counters in pharmacy I worked at
  • Bbunny42
    Bbunny42

The type of ink makes a difference. There is ball point ink and then the gel type in roller ball type pens. They have different removal methods. Do a "Search" on Pinterest for all the methods. I have had good luck with the hairspray on regular ball point inks.