What is the easiest way to make a room divider?

+5
I just want to seperate two rooms, I don't want to block off the view altogether.
  • I used a ceiling mounted curtain rack from Ikea to hang fabric to make a visual room divider in my finished basement.
  • Brandi Mahurin-Wright Brandi Mahurin-Wright on Apr 25, 2017
    I would use a large bookcase that has both sides open...it creates a barrier for dividing the room but keeps your view clearer. Google search "bookcase as a room divider" for a bunch of ideas.
  • Chris Chris on Apr 26, 2017
    Hang old windows from the ceiling. Use proper screws, toggles, stud finder etc. Hand from sturdy chains.
  • Sharon Susa Courchesne Sharon Susa Courchesne on Apr 26, 2017
    What about those picture frame dividers (they usually have about 3 panels for photos)? Or even some strategically placed taller plants.
  • Bonnie duke Bonnie duke on Apr 26, 2017
    I WOULD USE BACK TO BACK BOOK SHELVES OR YOU COULD USE PLYWOOD ON ONE SIDE AND TURN INTO A DECORATIVE WALL FOR ART FASTEN IT TO THE FLOOR OR CEILING SO IT DOES NOT TOPPLE OVER
  • Eroque022810 Eroque022810 on Apr 27, 2017
    If you could find 2 pieces of art work than you can hang them back to back and hang from ceiling, or if you could find a tall table, or pedestal and a sculpture you like you can place on one side so that it draws attention. You could also hang air plants at different heights to create a see through separation. Good luck.
  • Mindy Mindy on Apr 27, 2017
    A bookcase with open shelves will look nice from both sides.
  • Shi13665433 Shi13665433 on Apr 27, 2017
    Thank you very much for your suggestion. I will do it.