How to raise cucumber plants in a pot?

+4
I (foolishly) planted some cucumber Miracle Grow Growables in a small (but not too small) pot and they are growing long.I don't have an outdoor garden because I just wanted to try my hand at gardening so I started small. There are no cucumbers forming yet, just the stems and leaves are growing wildly. There are vines growing out and it is just wrapping around itself. I want them to grow but I don't want to take them out of the pots.
  • Shoshana Shoshana on Apr 27, 2017
    Sounds like your cucumbers are doing well! You can put a stake in the pot and wrap the vine around, allowing the cucumbers room and support to grow upward.
  • Candace Candace on Apr 27, 2017
    Check out Pinterest outdoor container gardening for great ideas. Go to Pinterest.com sign up and you will have a treasure trove of ideas For anything under the sun.
  • Im110014644 Im110014644 on Apr 27, 2017
    I put a piece of 1/2 inch pvc and a cap in mine before i put cap on I cut string that I attached to the pot and put under the cap of the pvc so they could climb up the strings made like a teepee the grandkids loved it. Did peas, and beans this way also.
  • Barb T Barb T on Apr 27, 2017
    Tepee is great idea.

• Janis K Harrison Janis K Harrison on Apr 27, 2017
    You can use a pyramid-shaped trellis for your vines to climb, or a square one, or ... whatevery you choose. The plants will love it, and the cukes will grow so pretty!
  • Kla18034952 Kla18034952 on May 02, 2017
    Thanks!!