What is the easiest way to create a raised garden?

WyldecentLinda ArnettGail
+5

I'm a senior citizen. I have trouble doing certain things and have a limited income. But I want to make healthier choices by growing vegis and herbs. Can you help me?

You can plant vegetables in large containers which would be easier than building a raised garden.
  • Adluv41

i use a big strawberry pot and plant herbs in each pocket. Also grow tomatos in large pots
  • Michele Pappagallo

Large containers are definitely easier....less building, etc. Use 5 gallon buckets or inexpensive dollar store trash bins. Just make sure they are large enough to accommodate the veggies you want to plant.

• Gail

I am a senior and the raised bed is great. I made mine from cinderblocks filled it more than half with Oak leaves to save on soil, filled the rest with garden soil. Then, I purchased large pots for more plants. I have less weeds and less stooping, less backaches. Maybe you have things laying around the yard you could use to get started. Got to love fresh vegetables. Life began in a garden!
  • Linda Arnett

Thanks Gail what a good idea. I saw a photo of a cinderblock garden on youtube. I think that's too expensive for me though, sadly. Using the oak leaves is a great idea. Kudos on the Adam and Eve reference! Does anyone else have an idea on the subject?
  • Linda Arnett

I'm already growing vegis in pots. I need a larger place to put them now. What is a strawberry pot?
  • Wyldecent

Check out straw bale gardening. You can use the bales as your garden walls and/or grow plants in the bales. There are lots of how to videos and straw is relatively cheap. It can also last more than one year.