How can I Upcycle specticals?

Gale O'NealNancy Jo BowmanReiana
+8

I have around 20 pairs of specticals. Can anyone give me a idea to upcycle them.
  • Cori Widen

That sounds like a fun project! Can we see a photo to get our creative juices flowing?
  • How about donating them to the Lions Club? You could make a fanciful wind chime out of the arms and lenses.
  • Will Hudson

2 suggestions for you. Take them to a local optometrist and see if they would be able to fit new lenses in them. the other one is to just donate them to local Lions Club.
  • C. D. Scallan

Please donate them to a homeless shelter .
  • Kig3047281

Wow...20 pairs ...you could make a collage and document your changing styles if they all belonged to you.
  • Pac22419667

Please donate . There are drops in stores for used glasses.
  • Reiana

goodwill, consignment shop, of let go app
  • Nancy Jo Bowman

You can take them to an optician and donate them to the Lion's Club for people who cannot afford glasses, but need them.
  • Gale O'Neal

If you do not want to donate them, and want to make a DIY project. May I suggest taking out the lens, give them to a local optomotrist so he can perhaps recycle the lens to a needy person. Then take your glasses frames and spray paint them different colors, attach to a painted board with hot glue or e6000 glue. Get creative! Make a statement piece with painted eyes in the openings where lens were, or put paint words in it: like LOVE, HATE, COMPASSION, ANGER, PRAY, GREED, LUST etc. You can also paint glitter up all the frames first then glue them onto a framed mirror! Choices are endless! Happy creating!

• Alison Warren

Thank you so much for your fantastic idea. I would of donating them, The problem was they were cheap ones from the £1 shop. Thank you. X
  • Gale O'Neal

You are more than welcome!