How can I upcycle or repurpose this electric can opener

+12
My electric can opener stopped working a long time ago. In Spring cleaning, it was found and before I throw it into the dumpster, I want to try to reuse it. Anyone have any great ideas?
q how can i upcycle or repurpose this electric can opener, crafts, repurposing upcycling, Just a run of the mill electric can opener
Just a run of the mill electric can opener
  • SandraB SandraB on Apr 01, 2015
    First thought is to see if you can put an empty can in the gear and use it for a plant holder. Paint it? Add sticker that go with your décor etc.

• Linda Eggenberg Linda Eggenberg on Apr 02, 2015
    Take the magnet off. Glue something on it & you have a new refrigerator magnet. Cut the plug off at the very end of the cord. Smooth. Drill a hole in the middle, close to the top. Add a looped wire & a necklace or key ring. Might even be able to use the cutter some way.

• Rebecca Ruge Rebecca Ruge on Apr 02, 2015
    Spray paint it a coordinating color to your kitchen, remove the cord and use as a book end for cook books.

• See 3 previous
    • Sharon Sharon on Dec 29, 2015
      @Rebecca Ruge Great idea..... have a huge cookbook collection and this will be something that I will do even if I go pay for a couple items at a thrift store...

• Duv310660 Duv310660 on Apr 02, 2015
    Wow, some real outside the box thinking here! Impressive! All I could think of is to (somehow) cut a slot in the top and paint "Tips for the Cook" on it... you can rattle it and place it on the table at the end of the meal!

• Kar1310103 Kar1310103 on Apr 02, 2015
    robot parts

• Stevie.powers Stevie.powers on Apr 05, 2015
    Go to Salvation army Or bibles for missions or Value village They re only 5.00 used

• Linda Partridge Linda Partridge on Aug 10, 2015
    throw it away...sorry...

• Jessica Serrano-Gregg Jessica Serrano-Gregg on Sep 07, 2016
      Yeah, sometimes you just can't upcycle some things and I think a can opener that's broke falls in that grey area of wth do I do with this? I couldn't think of anything that I would want to do so when in doubt, throw it out or you'll become the next episode of Hoarders...

• Efren Fernandez Efren Fernandez on Sep 21, 2019

take it out of the case. screw a screw into the main gear like close to the edge tie a string around the screw and attach to window shades or outside awening or movie projector screen..