How can I repurpose this clothing that I don't wear anymore?

+29
I love the material but I'm not sure what I can make out of it. The picture doesn't do them justice.
q how can i repurpose these cloths that i don t wear anymore, crafts, repurpose household items, repurposing upcycling, It s a sequined shirt that I don t wear anymore
It's a sequined shirt that I don't wear anymore.
q how can i repurpose these cloths that i don t wear anymore, crafts, repurpose household items, repurposing upcycling, Mesh and sequined shirt
Mesh and sequined shirt
  • Marknmary Marknmary on Apr 05, 2016
    The sequin skirt might be use as a pillow cover? The mesh tank could be made into a grocery bag?

• Mother Daughter Projects Mother Daughter Projects on Apr 05, 2016
      @Marknmary I thought the very same thing! The tank only needs a seam sewn across the bottom to work. Maybe reinforce the seam with some bias tape for extra strength.

• Cvmarin Cvmarin on Apr 05, 2016
    Of same mind! Chic stretchy grocery bag with mesh, cute cushion with sequin cloth, or fun gym bag.

• Irene Irene on Apr 05, 2016
    Although sequins do shed, it is possible to cut shapes from the garment to embellish a T-shirt. Bling a denium jacket or a pair of jeans.

• Vee Vee on Apr 05, 2016
    you can make sequin vest and a matching purse. wear with black t shirt and pants or skirt. Jazz it up!!!

• Vee Vee on Apr 05, 2016
    you can even make a tank top and wear with pencil skirt or jeans

• Christina Christina on Apr 05, 2016
    My first thought was to make a purse/handbag with the pink sequins top and to use the mesh top as a grocery/beach bag. Not sure what your sewing skills are, but you could take a strip of either and add a decorative edge to a shirt, pants, shorts, or skirt. Actually you could use strips to decorate pretty much anything. You could use the pink one to make a book cover or a cover for a kindle or some other device like that. I have tons others that sound weird when I type it, but looks cute when I picture it in my head! lol

• Sandra Sandra on Apr 05, 2016
    I agree about the gray tank. You don't even have to sew it at the bottom. Make a knot, makes a great little bag to roll up and keep in your purse.

• Sandra Sandra on Apr 05, 2016
    If your bedroom needs a punch of color, you could make the sequined top into a throw pillow cover.

• Lori Lori on Apr 05, 2016
    The mesh one would be nice over another, say, white pillow. It reminds me of fish net, could you use it somehow in a sea setting, with shells or fishing theme? Over a lamp shade?

• Lisa Lisa on Apr 05, 2016
      @Thank You Lori Wow! The fishing theme is something I never thought of. I have tons of sea shells.

• You could make an amazing sequin cushion! Or you could make a shopping bag out of the net style top. A little like a crochet/mesh shopping bag :)

• You could also make some sequin placemats for your table out of the sequin top! Ruffled blog have a great tutorial -- http://ruffledblog.com/diy-sequin-placemats/

• Kaye Kaye on Apr 06, 2016
    Frame the blouse shadowbox style !

• Audrey Trubshaw Audrey Trubshaw on Apr 06, 2016
    Cut it up and make a scarf to wear with something else.

• Cindy Broadbent Cindy Broadbent on Apr 09, 2016
    I have a gold sparkly top that I will never fit into again. I have a ceramic type picture frame with a 2-inch border. I was thinking of using spray adhesive to make a sparkly picture frame for my (kind of) over-the-top, anything goes (terra cotta/black/turquoise/gold French flavor) half bath.

• Ann Ann on Apr 12, 2016
    How about cutting strips fold face to face and stitch. Make long strips. Turn right side out. Make three long strips. Braid to make a very fashionable belt.

• Henrietta Henrietta on Apr 13, 2016
    would make beautiful headbands, or small purses as gifts

• Cyndie S Cyndie S on Apr 13, 2016
    Make a pillow with the pink sequinned top and a tote bag with the mesh top.

• Tamara K Tamara K on Apr 14, 2016
    How about a really cool pillow or set of pillows? Layer the sparkly skirt under the mesh shirt?

• Connie Phillips Connie Phillips on Apr 14, 2016
    What a timely subject. I was just about ready to throw out a sequin dress that was attacked by a vacuum cleaner. Sad story now has a happy ending. Small purses, headbands, pillows coming right up!(it was a long dress)

• Lisa Lisa on May 03, 2016
      @Connie Phillips Man those vacuum cleaners are killers. LOL I would love to see what you make with the dress.

• Lisa Lisa on Apr 21, 2016
    Wonderful ideas. Thank you, Henrietta!

• J.b. kelly J.b. kelly on Oct 03, 2016
    Lamp shade anyone? .I don't know the link ,but there is a post of covering a lampshade with a knit sweater, your dress,top should work just as well, it all depends on your taste .have a ball!

• Robin Robin on Jun 12, 2018
    You could hang the netting on the wall with seashells or drape it from your window.

• Kathy Kathy on Apr 12, 2021

Why not make a pillow from this lovely fabric.