How can I repurpose cufflinks?

+9
  • I have seen people press old brooches into pillar candles to "bling' them up a bit. Maybe you can do the same with cufflinks? Same goes for adding to wreaths or if you like to paint bottles, vases and jars, you can make them sparkle with some old jewelry.

• C. D. Scallan C. D. Scallan on Apr 26, 2017
      Fair warning , if you are going to do this with cufflinks or pins, you want to wear thick gloves as you will have to heat up the surface of the candle and the hardware with a blow dryer on high heat or the wax will crack.

• Judy Ferrell Judy Ferrell on Apr 26, 2017
    It depends on the cufflinks. If you have enough you can use jump rings to attach them together and a toggle fastener and make a bracelet.

• Gau22339224 Gau22339224 on Apr 27, 2017
    If the cufflinks have a nice design, you can use them too press into wax to seal a letter.

• Sally Wiese Sally Wiese on Apr 29, 2017
    Old cufflinks are very valuable. Check on line for "value of cuff links" and see what you get. Antique Trader would most likely have some values. Just keep them somewhere until you find out the value!!!

• Gardengraz Gardengraz on Apr 29, 2017
    If they are valuable go to a jeweler or pawn shop.

• Pennie1958 Pennie1958 on Apr 29, 2017
    i took my dads old cuff linkd and had a jeweler turn them into ear rings

• Pennie1958 Pennie1958 on Apr 29, 2017
    well my boys dont wear suits have no need for them and one pair are black onyx ,second are gold with his initials and the third are turquoise now i can have my dad with me and give to my daughter when im gone

• Michelle Leslie Michelle Leslie on Dec 14, 2020

Hi there, put them in a shadow box type frame and display them. You can make small ties and cuffs to attach them to.

• Depending on the style or gems included, I would make another piece of jewelry from them...earrings, a pendant, etc. The jeweler should have some great ideas.