Nead DIY ideas - an old big metal box

JothimBobbieMarizius
+8

Nead some idease - what to make from this rusty big matal box I faund (Height 0.50 meter, length 1.00 Meter (see photo)
  • Bobbie
    Bobbie

go to www.pinterest.com They have dozens of unique ideas for redoing trunks and suitcases.
  • Elmarie
    Elmarie

It looks as if it has some rusty areas that gives it a rugged look. Give it a layer of varnish and put some colorful pots with cactus in it as a focus point in your garden. Or... Give it a bright paint job and roll your towels in it for the bathroom.
  • FL
    FL

Looks like a locker of some sort! Maybe a painted trunk. You can make it into a storage bench. Paint as you like, paint the interior. Use to store extra blankets. Top with a cushion for comfortable seating. Now, that said, the wonderfully creative people here will surely help you take this most basic idea to new heights! have fun!
    Janet Pizaro

Do you want to use it as a truck or a decoration?
  • Cori Widen
    Cori Widen

I love the idea of using varnish and then using it as a planter!
  • Kim Winkler
    Kim Winkler

I think I would use it outside as some sort of a planter...it looks like the top is not quite flat, or I would say use it as a coffee table. Overall, though, it is a great looking find!!! Let us all know what you decide to do with it!
  • Marizius
    Marizius

I would make a great box for kids stuff, like toys, for instance.
  • Bobbie
    Bobbie

Let your imagination run wild with this project,,,good luck!!
  • Jothim
    Jothim

Sand lightly with wet and dry paper then spray with Rustoleum paint as a base. After this is dry paint all sorts of small shapes in as many colors as you want with craft enamel paints. I once did a purple paisley print on an acid green base on my kids' second hand tricycles & they were the talk of the neighborhood and loved them.