Shall I add a scarf to my window or just leave the panels as they are?

+27
q shall i add a scarf to my window or just leave the panels as they are
Definitely widen the pole, if you can, and put either a wider drape on or a contrasting drape either side, to draw your eyes away from the 'goal posts' that Elizabeth Michels Pinizzotto pointed out! (That did make me chuckle).
Either a contrasting colour, or a patterned, drape to help brighten the drabness, but I think the ceiling is too low for a scarf to do it!
Would you please show us whatever you choose to do?
  • Hrt12385744 Hrt12385744 on Jun 01, 2017
    You're right; I did open up the panels a little more; looks much better.
  • Ama1275199 Ama1275199 on May 29, 2017
    just wrap the scarf enough to cover the rod then maybe hang a crystal from the center for a nice reflexion...
  • Sara Curry Smith Sara Curry Smith on May 29, 2017
    A scarf would create a softer look. As an alernative, you might add a decorative iron scroll (metal art) above the window.
  • C2i16033439 C2i16033439 on May 29, 2017
    I would raise the rod to the very top of the wall. By doing this, it will make your ceilings look taller. Right now your wall is cut short. You won't have a need to decorate the rod. I would then put an iron piece in the open space to give it a finished look! Good Luck!
  • Nan Nan on May 29, 2017
    Maybe a wide valance board covered in a patterned fabric with the same color. Valance board needs to go to the ceiling. Perhaps molding on top of the valance board.
  • Nan Nan on May 29, 2017
    A tall arrangement of flowers or living ficus in a planter the same color as the curtains beside the console.
  • Rei23736438 Rei23736438 on May 30, 2017
    I think a scarf of different colour would look real good
  • Bsl23464528 Bsl23464528 on May 30, 2017
    Put a topper the same color as the panels or even a print with that color in it and place it at ceiling height. This will give you the height you need and break up the "goal posts." If you get a print, tie backs of that same print would work wonders!
  • Lisa Lisa on May 30, 2017
    I agree with everyone to beef up what you have now and add your orange color to your console, it can be beside it or add a piece of pottery, standing print or even a bowl with the orange color, and a basket beside it, to add warmth. I would also add some colorful throw pillows and a blanket. You have the major items it just needs layering. I love the orange color. Good luck
  • Donna Donna on May 30, 2017
    more panels...looks pretty sparse
  • Hrt12385744 Hrt12385744 on May 31, 2017
    Thanks everyone for your comments; I knew I could rely on people's thoughts. Many thx, Helen
  • Marcia Lazenby Marcia Lazenby on May 31, 2017
    the rug on the floor needs the color orange in it....and it needs to be livelier than the existing rug....i think the room needs crown molding...you can get the lightweight type at lowes that is easy to put up.....this will give this room the style you need....
  • Valmuse Valmuse on Jun 01, 2017
    Leave as is. I like your color scheme
  • Fiddledd224 Fiddledd224 on Jun 02, 2017
    Although the clean look of your windows suits the room, with the t.v. situated where it is, you may need the scarf for shade so you can see the t.v when you are watching it on a sunny day. A scarf would be perfect since it can be added or removed easily.

• Your comment...