Asked on Jun 29, 2017

Wondering-What can I do with old oxygen hoses?

Teresia WhaleyCarolLinda Hutchinson
+6

• Hillela G.
    Hillela G.

How about paint and turn into garden decor?

• Christine Rainey
    Christine Rainey

Great for staking up plants in the garden
  • Honey
    Honey

I GLUE A FUNNEL INTO THE BOTTOM OF A FLOWER POT SPOUT GOING OUT. HOOK THE HOSE TO IT AND RUN IT OFF DECK...KEEPS WATER FROM GETTING ALL OVER THE DECK.
  • Vondie
    Vondie

Great ideas! I was given new oxygen tubes this morning! Told them I plan to use them to stake tomatoes in garden! I love the idea for watering pots, can you share more details on how you made it ? Thanks!
  • Donna D Meadows
    Donna D Meadows

You can use a utility knife to cut into them. Then take strings of lights and run the down they the opening. You can use these lights to decorate above your cabinets or anywhere you want them. They will be easier to keep straight and in place than just the light strings themselves.
  • Nena Hodges
    Nena Hodges

I have used one for cleaning out a clogged drain. Also you might be able to use one with a very small fountain pump. What about cutting some the size of a bangle bracelet, then put glitter or seed beads inside and connect the two ends with a small piece of dowel. You can buy the different sized dowel rods at your builders' store. One 2 ft piece would connect a lot of bracelets. If you have any kids who like to string beads you could get some pretty colored string and let them string very small cut pieces of tubing onto the string.
  • Linda Hutchinson
    Linda Hutchinson

I would also like ideas for these!
  • Carol
    Carol

My hubby used some of my old oxygen hoses to create a watering drip line for our gardens!
  • Teresia Whaley
    Teresia Whaley

You can use oxygen hose to make hanging flower pots. The hose is very strong.