What are your go to Natural Pesticides for your garden and yard?

RosaLee QueenDeborah WrightLsr27639303
+9

Janet Pizaro

horticultural oil,food grade diatomeous earth
    • RosaLee Queen
      RosaLee Queen

Thank you! though I must tell you I don't know what diatomeous earth is, gotta google it.
  • SandyG
    SandyG

Diatomeous earth and NEEM oil.
  • 15330759
    15330759

My mother used to use Ivory liquid detergent and water for roses and other plants. I don't know what it controlled, certainly not all of the pests, but she swore by it.
  • Lsr27639303
    Lsr27639303

Lemon dish soap (any kind, cheapest is great) put about 1/4 cup dish soap in spray bottle and agitate gently. It is better to put soap in last so you do not get all suds. You will have to spray weekly. This is not toxic to your plants and animals.
  • Deborah Wright
    Deborah Wright

I rooted corkscrew willows and then when rooted planted them in large planters. You could put them on the ground below your deck and then just water and let them grow. Also there is no need to move in the winter and the will winter just fine where they are placed. Note: they may look a little weak the first year but they will come back strong the following year. You can also plant herbs or flowers in the pots with them so that it is double functioning.

• RosaLee Queen
    RosaLee Queen

oh! i didn't know it wasnt toxic. You also answered my questio to this question. (above)
    Thank you!