Asked on Sep 29, 2017

I have 2 grease stains on a navy blue dress I cannot get out. Any idea

Ruth Varnadoe TrawickNancy TurnerJoanne C. Wanciak
+6

• Dianacirce70

I was told if you let salt sit on it, the grease stains will be absorbed. I have never tried it, but its not supposed to alter the color of the fabric, so it may be worth a try.

Have you tried blue dawn dish soap?
  • Jsm6886666

I would try shampoo-it takes grease out of hair-I use it on collar stains very successfully.
  • Lisa

what type of fabric are you dealing with? This may sound crazy but depending on your fabric, I have had good luck with regular dawn dishwashing liquid . I let it sit on the stained area for awhile so it can break it down. Then I carefully scrub it gently. So far I have had good luck, but it depends on fabric and type of grease.
  • Harold Clayton

Dawn soap
  • Jeannie

3 in one oil, then kitchen dish soap and wash
  • Joanne C. Wanciak

I mix equal parts of blue dawn dish washing detergent and peroxide . This has worked for me on all colors with no problems. You could try it on a spot of the hem ,just to make sure.
    I find this will even remove old blood from colored fabrics. Oxy clean is very good too.
  • Nancy Turner

I put dawn or tide on it full strength and let it sit for a short while before laundering. Don't put it in the dryer unless you know you have it out. If nothing else, let it hang dry if you are not sure, that way if it isn't all gone it won't be set in by the dryer and you can work on getting the rest out.
  • Ruth Varnadoe Trawick

Dawn detergent and Basic H. Basic H is sold by independent distributors. I used some and got permanent marker out of white nylon! And no, I donot know anyone who sells it, but it can be found on line.