Deborah Calyo
Deborah Calyo
  • Spring Valley, NY

How do I degrease my wood kitchen cabinets near the stove?

EbbjdlBeth ParsonsCindy
+5

• Shaley

Use TSP you can find it at Lowes. Talk to the person at the paint counter about it. Very inexpensive and very easy to use.
  • Sandra Vining

Dow bathroom cleaner Spray it on wait a minute or two and all grease is GONE I even use it for a quick cleanup on my floor Buff with soft cloth
  • SandyG

Dollar General sells "Grease Lighting" and it is great for cleaning cabinets. I have the same problem around my stove/vent and was afraid it would take off the finish, but it works fine. I spray it on a wet cleaning clothe instead of directly on the cabinets.
  • Catherine Anspaugh

I use Murphy's Oil Soap. It works great at both cleaning the wood and nourishing it at the same time.
  • Cindy

You can make a solution of equal parts of vinegar and water. Add 2 tablespoons of both Dawn dish soap and baking soda. Put it on. Let it set, Wipe it off.
  • Beth Parsons

I've had good luck with a product called Crud Cutter. It's environmentally friendly but works very well. I bought it at Home Depot in Canada.
  • Ebbjdl

Murphy's oil soap, follow the directions on the bottle. EJL.
  • Ebbjdl

Lestoil is made to clean grease, and then use Murphy's oil soap to make it shine, and Wilbert's lemon oil to protect the wood. EJL.