What color area rug ??.We have dark hardwood floors and gray walls

Ann Cherkas HalsteadLisa S.Jamie
+6

Our sofa is chocolate brown.I would like something with a little color.

• Cindy

Hello Marlener6052, I also think some color would be nice. Maybe turquoise or teal. You can also bring color in with pillows and art. Wishing you the best.
  • Darryl J. Gary

Some thing with a lot of red in the rug
  • Elaine

I have medium brown loveseats and light brown walls and I brought in various blues in carpeting, cushions and a throw. I also mix cream colored cushions in with the blue cushions to keep it light. I really like pale aqua with brown, however, I find it’s too common nowadays so the blues I have are more of an icy blue/silver-grey color. They are a blue but have an “icy“ silver-grey look to them; it’s rather hard to describe but the colors look just great together and are a bit different than other interiors that show aqua all the time.
  • Catherine Anspaugh

There are loads of great area rugs out there. It sounds like you could use something with some pattern to pull everything together. Try Wayfair.
  • Dana Ellebracht

Tangerine, rust, turquoise, and emerald pop into mind. If you stay with the earth tones, bright blues or greens would work.
  • DesertRose

Get a rug that has gray and chocolate brown as a small area, but lots of color, whatever color you love like muave or cranberry red, or greens or anything. Then use the rug for an inspiration to get small colored throw pillows with colors from the rug as your guide. It sounds beautiful! good luck!
  • Jamie

can you paint your walls a different color, or buy a new sofa, to many colors in there , I'm not being mean I just like things to match lol
  • Lisa S.

Gray and brown not natural companions but if that is what you have to work with: Get an area rug, and not a small one, which incorporates both colors and maybe a third color. See the possibilities below.