Something decorative to put on a tree stump.

ItsmemicLisa S.UncleJohn-AuntMary Ford
+12

We would like to put something on a tree stump in our front yard other than the traditional large pot with a plant. Any suggestions would be appreciated

• 2dogal

Some people turn it into a village for elves...You can DIY little houses, fences, etc.
  • Karen Rogers

try statuary for the yard ,an use several to show high an low of objects.
  • Pla2669946

my friend has a large potted outdoor plant on hers and it’s beautiful
    • Len Heriman

Thanks for your suggestion, Platt. I'll check around to see what might be available.
  • Nancy Turner

How about a fancy bird bath or grouping of bird feeders, there are a lot of fancy looking bird feeders out there, or even a grouping of different bird houses or a combination of all.
    • Len Heriman

Thanks, Nancy. I like that idea. I like feeders to see the different birds that come around.
  • ROZ

paint a neutral color and place artificial flowers or an arrangement each season or holiday.
  • Sarah Summers

Piece of galvanized tin. Twisted and put on top of stump. It looks so different and cool. The tin she used isn’t brand new nor rusted all over. It has a darker grey color. The top of it is a point. It’s shaped like a Christmas tree almost and it’s simple enough that it’s not tacky (in my opinion) and it’s different enough to make people smile when driving by.

• Len Heriman

What a clever idea. I'll check around to see where I might find some tin. Appreciate you input.
  • UncleJohn-AuntMary Ford

Make a Fairy Garden. Top with moss and add small fairy or gnome figurines. You can put a little fence around it and maybe add some phlox...
  • Lisa S.

I had a sundial on mine for a number of years.
    • Len Heriman

We have a sundial in another part of the yard so I''ll just move it to the stump to see how it fits. Thanks for your suggestion
  • Itsmemic

An American Flag !!