What to do with left over bricks

InetiaLiz TooneNancy Turner
+4

Janet Pizaro

what kind of bricks
  • Cindy
    Cindy

Depending on how many bricks you have, you could create a boarder around flower beds or trees. My older sister has bricks that boarder her driveway. She writes things on them like a new grandbaby's name with birthday. Some others have sayings on them like "today is a good day for a good day". It's always a pleasure to walk up her driveway and reading the bricks. It is always a work in progress as she adds new ones and relocates others.
  • FL
    FL

We have used old bricks to line a driveway, to build a wall and floor of brick under a wood stove, to create a small patio, and to build the base of a garden wishing well.
  • Nancy Turner
    Nancy Turner

I have a bookcase made with only bricks and nice wood that has been stained. They are leftover reused bricks from my parents house and indoor built ins. My mom made it and now I have it. You can change the configuration as often as you like, changing the height of the shelves, etc. Nothing is fixed, just stacked bricks and wood planks between and on top (I have it 7 feet long and three shelves high) in my back room/library as my hubby calls it. I am an avid reader with 6 good sized book shelves with books stacked two deep.
  • Liz Toone
    Liz Toone

Here' an idea:http://www.hometalk.com/13586144/large-homemade-mosaic-brick-planter

• Inetia
    Inetia

Bricks in sand make lovely walkways. I used bricks to round a small pallet patio.