Chalkboard paint on a silver plated tray

+5
I painted a silver-plated tray with chalkboard paint and you can see the brush strokes. How can I fix this? Also I primed it before painting with the chalkboard paint.
I used Folkart Chalkboard paint.
The paint is thick, is that normal?
Thank you.

• Janet Panos Janet Panos on Oct 25, 2017
    Hello! From my experience, the best way to correct something like this would be to sand down to eliminate the paint lines and then apply a final thin coat using a small roller.
  • Next time use a foam "brush," less "lines" and dries flatter.
  • Joanne Waylett Joanne Waylett on Oct 25, 2017
    did you use primer first?
  • Suellen Hintz Suellen Hintz on Oct 25, 2017
    Use very fine sandpaper to carefully sand just the paint...perhaps tape the silver off for protection.
  • Sharon Sharon on Oct 25, 2017
    Yes the paint is thick, I suggest you get one of those mini paint trays with a smooth 3-4" foam roller.
  • GoddessOdd GoddessOdd on Oct 25, 2017
    can you just pour the paint in? Pour enough paint that you can just move the tray back and forth to cover it completely, and if you use too much, you could carefully remove it and wipe the paint off the edge. Give it plenty of time to dry before you touch it or season it. I am assuming you only painted the inside of the tray as a writing surface?