What is the best way to hang shelves on mobile home walls

+6
Want to get items off the floor in craft room, but wall studs are not as strong as other type homes.

• Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Nov 09, 2017
    Velcro
  • 27524803 27524803 on Nov 09, 2017
    Unless you want to try and beef up the wall studs... you will need to use a shelf unit that has a "foot" or 2 on the floor... a shelving unit built of Iron pipe with multiple shelves is what you need.. or use a "cleat" to support the shelves... the cleat would screw into more than one wall stud to help support the weight of the shelves. (we have IKEA cabinets that hang from a steel rail... they work well in our mobile/manufactured home)
  • Kauai Breeze Kauai Breeze on Nov 09, 2017
    I use the plastic shelf units that sit on the floor. With 5 shelves on each unit you can store a lot of stuff. They come in various sizes too.
  • Bobbie Bobbie on Nov 09, 2017
    I know exactly what you mean, I live in a mobile home too. I got floor to ceiling book cases and used toggle boats to anchor to wall. It holds tons of my sewing fabrics patterns etc..
  • Kim Kim on Nov 09, 2017
    anchors in the walls help when i lived in one
  • 2dogal 2dogal on Nov 09, 2017
    I would use bookcases as shelving.
  • Ja-34057085 Ja-34057085 on Sep 06, 2018

I have an extremely heavy & large antique pine wall rack for plates and ornaments - the only problem is, I'm moving into a park home and wondered if it would be safe to hang on the walls as appose to the existing brick wall it is hung on now ? any advice ?