Potted plants

+5
For some reason my potted plants donโ€™t look lush and healthy ... is there a special way to layer them?

• Linda Davis Linda Davis on Nov 28, 2017
    Depends on type of plant but leggy branching (begonia for example) and vining ( like ivy or pothos) can be cut back to encourage fuller more bushy growth patterns.
  • Ann Cherkas Halstead Ann Cherkas Halstead on Nov 28, 2017
    They may be root bound. Try reporting them.
  • Barbara Baldwin Barbara Baldwin on Nov 28, 2017
    What is layering?
    • Jayshri Patel Jayshri Patel on Nov 28, 2017
      Like when you layer your pot for planting..... do you put only soil or do you make layers of pebbles, soil, mulch etc.
  • Lokie Lokie on Nov 28, 2017
    Sounds like its time for some fresh potting soil.
  • Pat Pat on Nov 28, 2017
    If my plant pot is big, I put a couple of empty pop cans in the bottom so that it will not take so much dirt and be so heavy you can't lift it. I only use potting soil in the pot...no gravel, pebbles, mulch....just soil. Put the plant in the pot and water it good. It will depend on how much sun and light your plants need. Maybe all you need is to fertilize your plants.
    Depends on the pot. Hole in the bottom? Just soil. Miracle grow is my preference. No hole? Personally, I only put planted pots with drain hole INSIDE holeless pot
  • Jayshri Patel Jayshri Patel on Nov 29, 2017
    Thank you everyone .... at least I know I am not doing anything wrong...Like the idea of the cans in the bottom .... and pot inside pot!!