Can I paint glossy ceramic counter tile edging?

+6
currently hunter green. Would like to paint it a light neutral.
q can i paint glossy ceramic counter tile edging
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Jan 18, 2018
    honestly it would be easier to replace then try to paint it
  • Doreen Lorenzo Doreen Lorenzo on Jan 19, 2018
    There is special paint for ceramic.I used it once on a tile back splash.It came out very good.I am sure you can get it at home depot or lowe's
  • Jack Jack on Jan 19, 2018
    Try a small bottle of ceramic/glass acrylic based paint. I painted tiles and it is ok JS
  • Anita Springer Anita Springer on Jan 19, 2018
    You need to sand the tiles first before painting, it helps the paint adhere.
  • Debbie Ann Burtoft Debbie Ann Burtoft on Jan 19, 2018
    A lite sanding, then primer for on top of ceramic. Sherwood Williams has a good one. Paint any paint on top after 24 hrs. Wouldn't suggest it in a shower or tub area. DEB
  • Ros8818432 Ros8818432 on Jan 19, 2018
    HI, use a BONDING primer.... as a contractor I like Valspar Benjamin Moore and Sherwin williams brands
  • Pam Pam on Jan 19, 2018
    I painted both countertop and trim . used valspar bonding primer. than used an acrylic paint. used a small foam roller , no streak marks, and two coats .a foam brush for edge...make sure to let each coat dry 24-36 hrs between to get a hard dry finish....i did half of kitchen @ a time so i was not with out counter space while one part dried...make sure tape along edge is well secured so paint will not run underneath
  • Bea7854766 Bea7854766 on Jan 20, 2018
    This primer works for glossy surfaces and then you can paint. It can scratch and would be a good temporary fix to hide the green.
  • Michelle Leslie Michelle Leslie on Mar 21, 2021

Hi Karen, you can use appliance epoxy spray paint like this blogger did  https://accidentalsuburbanites.com/2017/05/11/spray-painting-our-tile-shower-lessons-learned-the-hard-way/ She used the paint in her shower so it should work well in a kitchen too. Have fun