Asked on Jan 22, 2018

What can i do for the peeling ceiling in my shower

Nun32489822WilliamV Smith
+6

My shower is in a "room" by itself, and the paint is peeling around the edges from the steam

• Jane
    Jane

paint with "boat" paint. I had this happen. I scraped the pealing paint and bought paint for boats. painted the walls and ceiling. lasted for years!

Betsy

Be sure you prep the areas that are peeling, and have some sort of exhaust, or even an open window, when showering. The steam has to go somewhere. A sealer, like Zinsser watertite would help, too.
  • V Smith
    V Smith

You can scrape it down and repair it. Then pri e and paint with outdoor products.
  • V Smith
    V Smith

That is prime and paint...
    William

Scrape off the peeling paint. Sand the edges with 200 grit sandpaper to feather them with the rest of the wall. Prime with a good stain blocking primer like Kilz or BIN. Then use a good bathroom paint. Has a mildewcide in it. Do not use regular wall paint.
  • Nun32489822
    Nun32489822

the best thing to do is go to a builders yard and buy some clear wall sealant and teat the shower room with it as its made up of a water based sealant theres no time like the present no drying time needed just after you've pre cleaned the areas with clear water to get rid of the soap/shampoo residue eric
  • Nun32489822
    Nun32489822

still I would use something like Cillit bang with limescale remover to sort the tiles out and then coat the ceiling with the above water based sealer from the builders I think its an evostick product eric