How can I repair a wooden exterior door that the veneer is splitting o

+7
q how can i repair a wooden exterior door that the veneer is splitting o
The outside view shown. Please advise. Thank you!
  • Fix It Jen Fix It Jen on Jan 26, 2018
    I don't know if you can save the wood, but you can remove what's peeling, fix holes with a product like Bondo (easy to sand, but durable), and paint it.
  • William William on Jan 26, 2018
    Looks like it went through a flood. I also don't know if it can be saved or whether it's worth saving. Peeling off the damage is a start. Then like Fix it Jen suggests, use Bondo (auto body filler) to repair the damage. Sand , prime, and paint.
  • Linda Linda on Jan 27, 2018
    Go to Habitat and buy a special used door. You up-cycle, use your bad door for the dog house (Big Puppy), and you may find a door that makes you want to do a lot of DIY. The other good thing is the money that you spend there helps poor people buy a newly built or remodeled home. Good luck.

• Connie Quine Connie Quine on Jan 27, 2018
    I had the same problem with years of sun damage to my beautiful double doors. I was able to sand down to the wood, restain, and revarnish. They turned out beautiful, and we have since put up a sun screen to keep the sun off the doors!

• Nolan Elle Nolan Elle on Jan 27, 2018
    Thank you.
  • Lorraine Lorraine on Jan 28, 2018
    not o
  • Lorraine Lorraine on Jan 28, 2018
    Not only painting it,but you can frame it and put wallpaper,mirror,tiles,...to hide blemishes