Asked on Feb 8, 2018

Is there any solar coating available for large windows?

AnnTami ChrismanLibraryKAT
+4

to harvest po

Janet Pizaro

question is not complete
  • Chas' Crazy Creations
    Chas' Crazy Creations

Sorry your question got cut off, would you please type the rest in so we might better help?
  • Ellis
    Ellis

If you're just looking for a solar coating to keep sun out, there are companies that apply window films.
  • LibraryKAT
    LibraryKAT

I looked into window films that filter uv light for our home. There are companies that do this. We decided against it because all of the films considerably darken the window and we love our view and the light. We decided to stay with blinds on our big window and hung a filtering glass curtain on the window in our two story foyer. Perhaps someone living in the south or southwest wouldn't mind the slight darkening of the films; we get too many gray days in Michigan! Good luck. :-)
  • Tami Chrisman
    Tami Chrisman

home improvement stores have a variety of window films. We used the heat relective on a storm door that caught All the afternoon sun plus was very close to a busy street and sidewalk; the film was tricky to use becuase the door was a full view but very effective and our view was not altered seeing out.
  • Ann
    Ann

Most films do darken the window, but 3M has a strong durable film that barely shows any darkness. It’s probably cost more than home improvement stores, but it’s great in the summer and after ten yrs, I’ve never had a problem with rugs or furniture fading, so I got my money’s worth and then some. You just have to locate a dealer. Good luck. PS I had it in my last house as well for 15 yrs, and both homes had lots of glass and direct sun exposure.