Asked on Feb 18, 2018

How can I clean toaster top?

Minya Own BiznessMMMCar28743982
+9

• Sherry Pembleton
    Sherry Pembleton

First...unplug the toaster! Fold up paper towels to fit into the openings. Lay them in so that all you see is the part you want to clean. Take an SOS pad, dampen it a bit ans scrub the chrome part that you want to clean until it is nice and shiny then take a clean dishcloth and clean any residue and soap left from the sos pad. Remove the paper towels from the openings and your toaster should be ready to use. Hope that helps......the sos pad will NOT hurt your toaster.
  • Char Aaron
    Char Aaron

I had good luck with one of those Mr clean sponges unplug it!and you may need a drtop or two of soapy water if that doesn't work try a brillo pad (I think I gave away my age!)
  • V Smith
    V Smith

Unplug it. Put any good kitchen cleaner on a damp cloth and rub. If that doesn't work you could try oven cleaner, but don't spray it directly, put it on a paper towel and then apply it to the grime.
  • Shoshana
    Shoshana

A steel wool should do a good job at getting the grime off
  • Rosalia
    Rosalia

Use a baking soda paste! Works like a charm. But do unplug it first
  • Gayle Reich McNally
    Gayle Reich McNally

Thanks everybody

• Debra S
    Debra S

Oh I also use SOS pads on my toaster and toaster oven!
  • Car28743982
    Car28743982

It is time to buy a new one.
  • MMM
    MMM

The magic erasers are pretty darn magical! Although sometimes you have to really scrub... :(
  • Minya Own Bizness
    Minya Own Bizness

unplug, use a little oven cleaner