Looking for a NON toxic cleaner to get excess wallpaper glue off

+5
Paper is gone, under paper is gone, walls are washed, but still sticky. Any non toxic ideas? Used Vinegar, dawn, wallpaper remover mixed in water. Still sticky walls.

• Claude Claude on Feb 22, 2018
    ok. Don’t paint yet until the surface is clean. Just don’t. Letitdry really good and use a block sander on the walls, vacuum it and clean w tsp cleaner. Rinse. Let it dry. Don’t rush it. Or you will regret it. Keep cleaning until it’s smooth. The vinegar wTer solution is enough...it softens the glue up. I then used a plastic spachula to remove excess...dry it...block sand, vacuum, and clean tsp.
  • Ebbjdl Ebbjdl on Feb 22, 2018
    Use a large sponge brush, to get the glue off. Use very warm water,. If the sponge don't work get a soft brush.
  • Newmart Newmart on Feb 22, 2018
    Thank you
  • Susan Rubick Susan Rubick on Feb 23, 2018
    Have you tried liquid fabric softener? Mix with some water and put in a spray bottle. Spray it on, let set a few minutes, and then wipe off with a rough towel or course sponge in a circle motion. I've had success with this on old wallpaper.
  • Archie Archie on Feb 23, 2018
    I used wall paper remover from Hope Depot, a brush and a sponge. Spray the remover, let sit for a few minutes, brush, sponge, clean sponge in water, sponge again if needed.
    Worked for me.
  • Fiddledd224 Fiddledd224 on Feb 23, 2018
    Mix hot water with liquid fabric softener. It softens the glue for easy removal. REALLY!
  • Newmart Newmart on Mar 02, 2018
    I tried many things; wallpaper remover, steam, TSP, fabric softener, vinegar, Borax, sanding, still sticky...painted a coat of GARDZ...hope for the best. Thank you