Asked on Feb 25, 2018

How to clean the inside of a drip coffee pot

Deb KEmLaurie Licuanan
+6

The interior is too small to get my hand and sponge inside. what cleaner do I use?

• Re Howse
    Re Howse

When I worked at a florist, we cleaned the tall skinny vases with efferdent tablets for dentures
  • Cat
    Cat

U can use a little vinegar (diluted in water) and run it through like you’re making coffe. Make sure you run plain water through at least two more times.
  • Sandy Rolewicz Miller
    Sandy Rolewicz Miller

Get some cascade Gel dishwasher soap, use a generous amount and fill with hot water, you will also need a bottle brush. Let set for a couple hours swish around with bottle brush to get really icky areas and rinse and /or repeat.
  • Tonya Brooks
    Tonya Brooks

Use vinegar and water and pour it in the water resevoor as if making a pot of coffee and then run another cycle with just clean water.
  • Laurie Licuanan
    Laurie Licuanan

I have used SALT and ICE CUBES because the salt is course and the ice cubes are like little rocks and swoosh it around. Use a flashlight- or your cell light- to see inside to see its clean.
  • Em
    Em

I clean my thermos with about a teaspoon of liquid dishwasher detergent and hot water. Fill pot with hot water, stir in the detergent to mix and let it sit over night. You will be pleasantly surprised in the morning when you spill the water out and see how clean the pot is.
  • Deb K
    Deb K

Is the pot glass? You could put it in the dishwasher top rack :)