Texturing over wall paper

+5
it is the heavy textured wall paper and painted lt lavender...I do not care for how I put it on and would like to do some texture over the the texture to smoothout the seams and a couple of flaws

• Pat Russell Pat Russell on Mar 02, 2018
    Hi - I think adding texture over the paint would make the paper really heavy and begin to pull off the wall. Maybe start over? Remove the whole thing and either put up new paper or paint from the beginning.
  • Cynthia Cynthia on Mar 02, 2018
    As suggested, I would remove the original anaglypta paper and just paint
  • Sharon Sharon on Mar 02, 2018
    I have done this before-use a good clear coat sealer (twice) - then retexture. It will work.
  • Sharon Sharon on Mar 02, 2018
    I would just take it off..... anything you put on top will only make it more impossible to strip off later.
  • Geew Geew on Mar 03, 2018
    I agree, wallpaper is not known to be a weight bearing item over 1 coat of paint. Start fresh and remove the existing.
  • Paulette Pronk Paulette Pronk on Mar 03, 2018
    thank you so much guys!! I think I will go to the work of stripping it off because it sounds like the extra work will be worth it.
  • Lisa S. Lisa S. on Mar 04, 2018
    You have to take this all off. A big mistake to ever paint over wall paper.