How to get foil off bottom of stove?

+5
  • Jana Jana on Mar 08, 2018
    I am sure you have tried many things. The thought that comes to me is to put a pan in the oven with vinegar, about an inch. Then heat up the oven to about 400 for 20 minutes. This usually loosens up food scraps so it should loosen what is holding the foil down. If you need to scrape the foil you may want to use a glass scraper.
  • Jcraw Jcraw on Mar 08, 2018
    I think I’d try putting old toweling over it then heavily wetting it with a vinegar/water mix and turning the oven on low for half an hour. You might want to have your windows open, as the vinegar could irritate your eyes. Scrape with a plastic spatula. Good luck.
  • Karla Karla on Mar 08, 2018
    Good luck on this one, I had never heard of this before now. So, I searched and found this site, I hope it helps: http://www.howtocleanstuff.net/how-to-remove-melted-aluminum-foil-from-the-oven/
  • Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Mar 08, 2018
    Instead of using foil, go to Walmart and get an oven liner. They last a long time and you can take them out and clean them.
  • Ebbjdl Ebbjdl on Mar 09, 2018
    Put some clean rags over the foil. First soak them in hot water, then lay them on top of the foil. Leave for about 20 minutes, repeat 2 times and scrape with a Teflon spautla, until it's all off. If you have a self clean oven, run the cycle, and that should do it, or spray with an oven cleaner, follow the directions on the can.
  • Sug22162459 Sug22162459 on Mar 09, 2018
    try wetting dryer sheets,,,lay them on the foil and let them stand for about 10 minutes
  • Fis16693852 Fis16693852 on Mar 10, 2018
    to late damage is done . I will remember the Walmart trick for next time. thank you again