Asked on Mar 23, 2018

Help choosing kitchen color appliances

Naomie Moore aka baileyanddaisey, Castaic CAChubby58Connie Hirchert Stadelmann
+4

My kitchen will have hickory or alder wood stained cabinets with a stainless steel, black, or panel ready refrigerator and dishwasher. The adjoining prep pantry will have beige/white/or cream shelving. What color should the dishwasher, microwave and oven in the pantry be--white or the same as in the kitchen?

• Mary J Cooper
    Mary J Cooper

I would do,all the same
  • Kay Spangler
    Kay Spangler

Does the prep pantry have a window in it? If not, I wouldn't do white. If you do have a window white appliances will look good and you can use other colored accent decor pieces to make it visually interesting. If it's a small space, with no window, Stainless will make it look and feel bigger.
  • Laura Cooper
    Laura Cooper

I second Mary's comment. Cohesive is important
  • Ana Bacallao
    Ana Bacallao

I, personally, would prefer it all to be stainless. Just make sure you get the new finisthat really shows no fingerprints.
  • Connie Hirchert Stadelmann
    Connie Hirchert Stadelmann

Same as in the kitchen
  • Chubby58
    Chubby58

I think black would look great with all the cream and beiges, but that’s just my personal preference.
  • My vote is that they should all match, regardless of finish or color, or where they are placed. I am the only person on the planet that is not a fan of stainless - white, black, custom panels, anything but stainless. To me it is cold and utilitarian. I worked in a lot of commercial kitchens and not a look I like in my home - AND strictly my personal preference.