Dizzy1058
Dizzy1058
  • Daly City, CA
Asked on Mar 25, 2018

How to get rid of cats pee smell?

Dizzy1058LynnEroque022810
+4

• Nancy Turner

Vinegar is the easiest. If it is the litter box, each time you put in new litter wipe it out with vinegar and let it dry before you put in the fresh litter. If it is in a rug or carpet, saturate the area by spraying full strength vinegar in a slightly larger area, making sure to get it down to the pad if it is carpet, or all the way through the rug. Let it dry and you won't smell the vinegar anymore. The urine odor should be gone, or almost gone. It usually takes more than one try no matter what you use, vinegar is just the cheapest and most people always have vinegar in the house. This is what I do with pet oops's all the time and it has worked well for me. I found that the expensive store bought stuff doesn't work any better than the vinegar and it will also take care any bacteria or mold or mildew that may try to come from the area.
  • Rose Broadway

Many people try many things. For some reason cat pee seems to be able to withstand floods, hurricanes, tornadoes, snowstorms and earthquakes, but see what these fine people have to say about the subject! Good luck.

• Karenmenard

I have had many cats and I always used concentrated pet odor eliminator from a pet warehouse, and has always worked wonders. The one time it didn't (in my young son's bedroom) I tried many things, even using a blacklight to find the spots I thought I missed. Nothing. This was at the footboard of my son's bed, next to one of the posts on the floor. It was unfinished wood on the bottom so I lifted the post and put it into a plastic non-dairy whipped topping container. Then, I put 2 inches of the Pet Odor eliminator into the container and I waited 2 days, removed the container, dried the bottom of the post and the odor was gone. Even in the hot steamy New England summer, the odor was gone.
  • Christel

Unfortunately, our cat has developed a terrible habit of urinating on any clothing left on the floor. With two teenagers, it's become a real problem. For clothing, I've found that Nature's Miracle works great. I just put about 1/2 cup in with the wash (more if there are several pieces that were urinated on) and it works great! Good luck!
  • Eroque022810

If on carpet,have carpet lifted up paint floor with kilz paint and have either new carpet installed of if your carpet is in great condition then have it retacked down professionally and then have it cleaned professionally. As long as your cat doesnt pee again on it or if this is something you bought and didn't realize that previous owner had masked the smell you can enjoy a urine free smelling home. I can tell you that from experience. We had the second thing happen, we bought a home that a cat had lived in and they replaced carpet but didn't paint floor. We chose to replace carpet once floor was painted.
  • Lynn

Vinegar soak a towel place in spot let sit for a bit. If in rug let soak in. Wipe and air dry
  • Dizzy1058

thank you very much guys🙏💝