Asked on Mar 27, 2018

How to remove tin foil stuck to bottom of oven?

JerryMelanie SimmonsBarbara
+5

Cooking a casserole I put Aluminum foil on the bottom of the oven. It stuck to the bottom and I can;t get it up with out damage to the oven. Like it was glued down? what to do ?? Thanks Carolanne Pruner
Proimager@comcast.net

• Joy30150932

Sounds like your foil melted to the bottom of your stove. Try scraping off as much as you can with a plastic scraper and then put a mix of vinegar and baking soda over top the area. Let sit for a while and then try scraping again.
  • Barbara

I'd try putting a large glass cooking pan on the lowest rack of the oven and fill it 1/2 full with warm water pushing it as far back to the back of the oven as possible. Turn your oven on AT 300 degrees and set a kitchen timer for 40 minutes. Take care when you open the oven door as there will be steam, but you might be able to carefully remove the aluminum foil from the oven bottom. Don't remove the baking pan until the water is cool to avoid scalding. Hope this helps.
  • Melanie Simmons

Baking soda and vinegar. I swear by it.
  • Jerry

My wife, trying to protect her new double oven, put foil in the top and bottom oven. Needless to say, the foil stuck to both. In desperation, she self cleaned the top oven which only made it worse. So, thanks to this forum, we tried Easy Off first with not great results so we tried The Works toilet bowl cleaner. Thank goodness, it worked. We used a tooth brush and several small applications on both ovens. The bottom was easier to get off since she didn’t try the self cleaning method on the bottom. There was some discoloring on the top and bottom ovens but not anything unsightly like the foil being stuck to the bottom. Thanks for the suggestion and hope this helps others in the same predicament.

• Jerry

It may take several applications and some patients. It kind of worked itself from the outside inward getting smaller and smaller with each application and scrubbing with a tooth brush. Good luck and hope it works for you.