Unclogging drains without vinegar

+4
  • Inetia Inetia on Apr 06, 2018
    It won't be very effective on solid clogs, but a cup of baking soda first: make sure it goes down into the drain, Then a cup of white vinegar. This solution is usually used once every two to four weeks to prevent clogs. I follow it with a kettle of boiled water. Never, never put grease down the drain. We went over twenty years without a clog but we had a friend who liked to come over and cook and when I caught him pouring the grease from browned hamburger down the drain I freaked out. Never do that.
  • Ebbjdl Ebbjdl on Apr 06, 2018
    Liquid Plummer, Draino or buy a sink plunger.
  • Kathy Kathy on Apr 06, 2018
    Green Gobler sold in Home Depot
  • Kay Jones Kay Jones on Apr 06, 2018
    Try boiling water weekly in all your drains. Body oils and residue from soaps and shampoos can build up in bathroom drains as well as cooking grease in your kitchen. I had a blockage between the house and street that needed a plumber and his equipment to clear. It wasn't tree roots, just years of use. He suggested the water to keep ahead of build up.
  • Amy Ogden-Paparone Amy Ogden-Paparone on Apr 06, 2018
    Hi!
    DO NOT USE LIQUID PLUMBER! It does more damage to your pipes then anything! Home Depot and other hardware stores carry Pequa drain opener. It's not harmful to your pipes, doesn't smell and works even better than other products out there and it's not expensive!