Asked on Apr 8, 2018

How do I clean heat ducts buried in a concrete slab floor?

JcrawLynnJohnavallance82
+4

The add-on air conditioning also uses these ducts in a 1951 house. Moldy smells come out.

• Jcraw
    Jcraw

You really need a pro with top notch equipment for long “runs”.
    Afterwards, you maintain yearly.
    • Carolyn Shaw
      Carolyn Shaw

Had three come to check the problem. The first two said they couldn’t do it and third suggested I sell the house. Periodically I have mole crickets crawl out of the bathroom vent. My one cat likes to chew them.
  • Lynn Goins
    Lynn Goins

I would try spraying Lysol disinfectant deodorizer into each of the cold air return vents while the furnace/air conditioner is running. It should pull the Lysol through to kill any mold or mildew. Worth a try and it's a cheap fix. I read a long time ago that you can do this to your car also. I park under a carport and in the summer with all the heat and humidity, I get the same thing. In this case, you turn on your defrost and spray the Lysol directly into the vent on the outside of your car near the windshield. It works great!

• Johnavallance82
    Johnavallance82

Vaccum
  • Lynn
    Lynn

Shark! Love mine
  • Jcraw
    Jcraw

At the bottom of this article is the name of an organization of air duct cleaners. Maybe they can recommend someone when you give them the scope of your problem.