Asked on Apr 25, 2018

What is the best way to clean a REAL DIRTY oven?

Lisa S.Pam WillemsLavonne
+6

• Cen32576295
      Cen32576295

Janet, the pictures shown in these "dirty" ovens are clean compared to mine. Don't laugh, but I was cooking a prime rib to feed 12 people for Christmas and burned the heck out of it following directions, had the house so smoked up with alarms going off and you know the rest. Thinking of buying a new oven.
  • Virginia
    Virginia

I have always used Easy Off and elbow grease. Best cleaner I've ever used on an oven.

If your oven has an automatic cleaner cycle, read up on how to use it (you have the user manual, right? If you don't, take the model number and Google stove, the number, and manual.)

If it is a very hot temperature, you might be cleaning ash off. Now ash and water make a strong caustic, sodium hydroxide or slaked lime, so it is imperative you wear long gloves for this.

• Angie's Desires
    Angie's Desires

Baking soda and lemon juice. spread it all around and let it sit for a while. Come back and add a little elbow grease and it should come clean!
  • Fuk32807890
    Fuk32807890

try a little dawn dish detergent in a spray bottle let it soak for awile .then wipe clean dawn is a miracle chemical i use it fir EVERYTHING!!!
  • Lavonne
    Lavonne

I use grill cleaner. and did it several times.
  • Pam Willems
    Pam Willems

Use a Steamer, Steamers are a great way to clean everything in your kitchen and there is no chemicals. I love mine !
  • Lisa S.
    Lisa S.

Commercial oven cleaner - like easy off. It is made for a job like that.