How do I kill moss on my deck

+4
  • Janet Panos Janet Panos on Apr 29, 2018
    Helli! Here are instructions how to kill moss on your deck. Click on the link below to access the information. Good luck!

• Tae Tae on Apr 29, 2018
    bleach, pressure wash
  • Betsy Betsy on Apr 29, 2018
    If water isn't enough to remove the moss try mixing a solution of ½ cup of vinegar per gallon of water. Apply this to the moss and let it sit for about 15 minutes and then scrub and rinse off. Baking soda also works well. Finally, if none of the above methods work you can try a strong solution such as simple green.
  • Janis Kanten Moss Janis Kanten Moss on Apr 30, 2018
    When we had that problem, I made my own deck wash like this: put 1-2 cups bleach in a 5 gallon pail, add 1 cup dishwasher soap (the powdered kind for machine dishwashers, the liquid soap suds up too much) add warm water to almost fill 5 gallon pail. Don't wash the deck on a really hot, sunny day because it just soaks in and disappears, do it on a cool or damp day. Use a broom, dip it into the water/bleach mixture and scrub it into the wood, making sure the wood is good and wet. Scrub the solution into the green areas well. Let it stand at least 15 minutes, then wash off with a hose and good water pressure. The bleach will kill the moss (it is an actual growing living thing) otherwise, the moss or mildew will come right back. We used a stain on our deck, and reapplied it every 4-5 years. I don't know how this will work with paint.
  • Tae Tae on Apr 30, 2018
    bleach